Big Brothers Big Sisters of Victoria is proud to be a member of the Victoria Jumpstart Chapter.
Canadian Tire's Jumpstart Charities helps fund sports and physical activities for children. The funding is geared towards helping families with registration, equipment, and/or transportation. Since 2005, Jumpstart has helped more than 1,000,000 children get into sports!
Criteria for Funding from Big Brothers Big Sisters:
- Children in our programs or on our wait-list
- Funding can be used to cover registration fees, equipment costs and/or transportation costs
- Funding is available for all children within a low-income family
- Jumpstart typically supports participation in sports or physical activity at the recreational level
- Funding goes to support an individual's participation in an activity
- Funding should be for a sustained program that is either a minimum of five weeks duration with a minimum of one session per week or, in the case of sports camps, five consecutive days
Funding is allocated from January 15th to November 1st.
To find out more about the charity, click here or on the link below. For information on how to apply, please contact your mentoring co-ordinator. If you're on the wait list, please contact:
Family Intake Co-ordinator - Mindy Francis
Phone: 250-475-1117 Ext. 45